The World Tourism Organisation (UNWTO), the Basque Culinary Centre (BCC), the Japan Tourism Agency and the Nara Prefectural Government have announced that the 7th UNWTO World Forum on Gastronomy Tourism will take place on 12-15 December 2022, in Nara, Japan.
Under the theme ‘Gastronomy Tourism for People and Planet: Innovate, Empower and Preserve’, the 7th UNWTO Forum will focus on the positive role that gastronomy tourism can play. It will also highlight the culinary traditions of Nara, one of Japan’s most ancient cities.
Building on UNWTO’s work on advancing innovation across the tourism sector, the Forum represents a unique opportunity for experts from across the growing field of gastronomy tourism to share new ideas and best practices.
Held under the theme “Gastronomy Tourism for People and Planet: Innovate, Empower and Preserve”, the 7th UNWTO World Forum on Gastronomy Tourism, will focus on the role of gastronomy tourism in:
– Promoting women empowerment and young talents
– Advancing cultural exchange and authenticity: connecting to the roots, respecting nature and culture, and promoting health and well-being
– Enhancing the value for destinations and food producers
– Best practices in destination branding through gastronomy tourism
– Supporting a Global Roadmap on Food Waste Reduction in Tourism
It will also discuss the power of gastronomy tourism in enriching the experiences of travellers and tourists, while creating connections with local residents, their culture, history, nature, and heritage. The Forum presents a unique opportunity for experts from across the growing field of gastronomy tourism to share new ideas and best practices and place the two sectors at the centre of plans for recovery in post covid-19 times.
A new deadline has been set for potential participants: November 25, 2022.