“TRAVEL SAFE” LAUNCHED BY TRIPADVISOR
Tripadvisor has launched a new suite of “Travel Safe” tools to help consumers find, filter, and validate health and safety information for destinations in all 49 markets where Tripadvisor operates.
In a statement, the organisation says more than 13,850 properties have already activated the feature set.
A recent study from Tripadvisor found that for consumers thinking about future travel:
- 92% said cleanliness is the most important factor in selecting accommodations.
- More than 8 in 10 (84%) said cleanliness or sanitisation certificates are important when booking a travel experience.
- Nearly 8 in 10 (79%) said it’s important to publicly display compliance to government safety standards.
“If we want to get the world traveling again, the safety needs of consumers must be appreciated and recognised as the biggest hurdle to closing the confidence gap created by this pandemic,” said Lindsay Nelson, chief experience and brand officer, Tripadvisor, Inc. “With the launch of Travel Safe, we’re allowing owners to showcase how they’re putting health and safety at the forefront to protect their staff and future customers. As always, by submitting reviews, our hundreds of millions of members will be the best check and balance to ensure these businesses are responsibly abiding by their policies.”
How Travel Safe works for travellers and business owners:
- Health & safety checklists: Leveraging expertise from public health organisations and industry associations across the globe, hotel and restaurant owners can share safety measures directly on their Tripadvisor listing. These include sanitation procedures, mask-wearing guidelines, social distancing policies, and more.
- Search filter: A new filter allows users to easily find which hotels and restaurants are taking these added safety precautions.
- Traveler reviews: New review submission form prompts allow users to validate safety measures and share their experiences with other travellers.
- Q&A with business owners: If users still have questions, they can directly message business owners about their safety measures (or anything else).
- Businesses can now select safety measures they have in place at their property by accessing the checklist in their Tripadvisor management centre (for free).
- The checklist also enables properties to submit a text description of the steps they are taking to protect customers, including links back to safety information on their own websites.
“As travel restrictions ease, hospitality businesses must recognise the changing expectations from consumers around safety and cleanliness,” said Kanika Soni, chief commercial officer, Tripadvisor, Inc. “That is why Travel Safe will be such a vital tool. It will provide consumers with the information and reassurance they need when they travel, while allowing businesses to build trust by highlighting the concrete steps they are taking to keep their customers safe.”